Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The dog that saw a rainbow

Thanks to the movie Kate and Leopold, I learned that dogs don't see color, who knew? Certainly not me.  I have been using this as an analogy for staying true to my vision.  I am a business owner and I am quite passionate about my business and I'm very hands on.  I can analyze data, review facts, read contracts, write policies, manage anything but at the end of the day if the results of my activities don't pass the gut check, I won't move forward.  I think quite effectively on my feet and in motion. 

My partners and I don't always see eye-to-eye on things and that's ok the diversity of thought and perspective is important.  Where they lose me is when the day-to-day struggles of running a business in this economy are allowed to be bigger than the business itself.  I believe in what I'm doing. We are already successful and the proof is on it's way. I am always that dog that sees the colors of the rainbow. I am always the one to stay positive. The glass is always half full.  Somtimes those beliefs are only skin deep as I face the challenges of my life. Most of the time I know and that knowing sees me past the obstacles. 

So I invite you to join me in being the dog that sees the rainbow no matter how gray life may appear to be.

2 comments:

  1. That you are, always positive, always seeing the silver lining.
    It is hard, it is hard to remain positive in the face of adversity, you do it.
    I try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone has to maintain the original vision. all success to you.

    ReplyDelete