Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Peace

One of my best friends sent me a wall hanging a while ago, it said "peace, it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  It hangs in my office above my desk as a constant reminder. 

As I navigate the changes that my life presents, I have to remember to return to my place of peace.  As many times as I move away from that place I return to it.  Like coming home and settling into my favorite spot on my couch, my favorite book. 

What I'm learning, is that I don't have to leave my peace behind as though it was somehow separate from me. I can have it with me always as a choice I make no matter the circumstance, no make the facts or the thing that makes sense.  I can express rage, I can love passionately, I can hurt, I can experience my life from a backdrop of peace.  Peace has never been a passive state of mind. I don't know why I ever thought it to be so. Peace is fervent, earnest, joyfilled.

From a peaceful place, the stresses of life are minimized.  From a peaceful mindset, thoughts and feelings are clearer.  From a peaceful place, I stand in myself and in my truths, fearlessly.  From a peaceful place, I can hold myself in the space I choose and take conscious action instead of reacting.

I can see the difference in my life between practicing this and forgetting.  I am practicing more.

2 comments:

  1. I have always found peace in the midst of chaos by refusing to let the chaos overrule my heart, the core of my being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace can't be find in the midst of serene Himalayas, stark forest but is within. Though we are disturbed always because of the ripples. One who is alone in his or her mind always remain happy and that what I think we are all thriving for, consciously or unconsciously.

    This is a lovely post. Well done.

    ReplyDelete